As a nursery we are registered for up to 40 children. There is a waiting list operating throughout nursery. We invite Parents and family members to come and look around our nursery (please call to make an appointment). We feel it is important that parents come and meet us and see what we have to offer, if you then feel we are what you are looking for we can place you on our waiting list.
Our partnership with York Foundation NHS Trust means that NHS staff will be given priority and offered a flexible place where needed (A flexible place will require a minimum amount of contracted days or sessions each week).
Other things taken into account when offering or considering nursery vacancies are:
- Children already attending nursery who wish to alter their attendance pattern will be given priority for a place on their newly requested attendance pattern.
- Any child who has a sibling already attending the Nursery will be given priority on our waiting list.
If you would like to book a place at Kinder Place, please fill in the Application Form and return it to the Nursery Manager, this will place your child on our waiting list. There is a non-refundable administration fee of £45.00 payable for any child offered a place at Kinder Place Nursery this is to cover the cost of administration and the pre-visits.
As the time approaches for a child to start nursery we will contact the parents to discuss with them their required starting date, pre-visits to the Nursery and any special requirements you or your child may have. Under no circumstances can a child be left in Nursery without their completed Registration Form.
- The Nursery staff will work in partnership with parents to settle the child into the Nursery environment.
- It is important the parents attend a form filling session prior to the pre-visits to ensure we have all the relevant information in order to care affectively for each child.
- Welcome sheets are completed so that we can get to know a child, their family, their likes and dislikes and any additional information that will help us to care for each child to the best of our ability.
- Arrangements will be made for a pre-visit so that the child and the family can familiarise him/herself with the Nursery. We will work closely with parents to ensure that these visit fit with the needs of the child and the parents.
- Our aim is to ensure that the child feels settled and the parent feels comfortable and confident about leaving their child in our care.
- No child will be taken on an outing from Nursery until he or she is completely settled.
About Our Nursery Fees
- Fees are due for payment per calendar month in advance, on the first working day of the month.
- Fees will be calculated over 51 weeks and divided by 12 months, please note that term time only rates are calculated in line with the local authorities academic calendar (usually 38 weeks).
- A session is 5 hours:
- Morning session (between 7am and 1pm).
- Afternoon session (between 1pm and 6pm).
- A core day is any consecutive 9 hours in a day (between 7am and 6pm).
- Our extended day top up rate entitles parents to use our service over our 9-hour core day up to 11 hours between our opening times of 7am until 6pm. However, if a parent would like to use a 7am start we kindly ask them to inform us so that we can organise staffing accordingly.
- Fees include: snack at 8.45am, hot lunch at 11.30am snack at 1.45pm and light tea at 3.30pm
- Payment is by standing order, bank transfer or cash.
- An hourly rate is charged for extended a.m./p.m. sessions, to a maximum of 2 hours in either the morning or afternoon by prior agreement only.
- If nursery fees remain outstanding for more than 5 days:
- The nursery reserves the right to charge a late payment fee of 5% on any outstanding balance.
- The nursery may serve 14 days’ notice in writing to terminate the contract. Upon termination of this contract the child shall cease forthwith to be admitted to the nursery and the nursery notice to terminate shall be regarded as a formal demand for all outstanding monies.
- If your child joins nursery part way through the month, fees will be calculated on the sessions they attend that month.
- The Nursery closed on all Public Bank Holidays and 2 training days per year (and the week between Christmas and New Year) please note these days are still chargeable.
- If you are in receipt of 2, 3 or 4 year old funding there will be a cost for meals, these will be calculated accordingly along with any wrap around hours:
- AM session: £4.25 for our morning snack and 2 course lunch
- PM session: £3.25 for our afternoon snack and 2 course light tea
- Additional services such as trips, visits and special events will be charged as and when they occur.
- Please refer to parent’s Terms and Conditions for further information relating to your agreement with Kinder Place to provide childcare for your child.